Friday, June 17, 2011

Flogg Them!!!

Kenya. I am quite fond of it, but I don't love it. Because I don't believe in investing emotion in something that can get you killed, or worse... I tend to think we are surrounded by idiots in this dusty, broken down country. As usual, there's a story behind this...

So I'm in a jav, going home on Thika Rd. I'm crazy tired and can only think of my bed, despite the fact that its 9 in the 'morn. So the jav is moving along well when it swerves suddenly. I bump my head against the window. Really hard. So I look up in anger for who to cuss out, fist clenched and all, when some random Corolla 110 drives by my window. On OUR lane. Going the OPPOSITE direction!

So now I'm going crazy in my head, looking for something to fling at someone. ANYONE! I mean, this is Thika Rd! One of the craziest roads EVER! & some lower life form was driving on WHICH side of the road?! But when I think it couldn't get any worse, another one drives past us. And ANOTHER, this one with the cojones to flash his lights at US!

Now, I'm all for human rights. But these mud-for-brains humans should be flogged to near death! On national television! That would make for better reality TV viewing then some of the nonsense local TV peddles.

& before you write this off as some schuupid rant, remember Kenya is the only country in the world where you have to look both ways before crossing a one-way street. & you are most likely to be run down by a white Corolla. So: Flog an idiot, save a life.

5 comments:

  1. Lol Tony... Question : if the mat behaved in the exact same manner as the corolla and it was transporting you to your meeting (which you are late for) would you tell the driver to behave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this motto! Flog them in the village square I tell you! Gaddaym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kev, first instinct would be to shaddap. Coz I don't think if I yelled it would change much. But I'm trying to change, coz enyewe we Kenyans are doing some ludicrous things now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Thogii: I'll locate the village squares, you bring the whip. IT'S GO TIME!!! GO TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first paragraph. Wololz. You speak truth, grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete